Kurkin Vladimir Ivanovich
From ISTP SB RAS
Head of the Upper Atmosphere Physics and Wave Propagation Department, a Deputy Director for Science.
Birth date and place - 14 May 1949, Irkutsk
 Working experience
- He has been working at ISTP since 1971, after graduating from the Irkutsk State University, radiophysics and electronics speciality
- In 1980, he defended Ph.D. thesis
- In 1999, he defended thesis for a Doctor’s degree
- On behalf of the directorate D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) Kurkin is responsible for the work of the committee for preserving the Institute intellectual property.
 Scientific interests:
- theoretical and experimental investigations into radio wave propagation,
- research on ionospheric-magnetospheric interaction and influence of meteorological factors on the ionosphere,
- development of techniques and diagnostic facilities for studying the ionosphere,
- diagnostics and forecast of ionospheric radio channels.
Tel.: (3952) 564504
Fax: 3952) 425557