Journal Solar-Terrestrial Physics
 Journal Solnechno-Zemnaуa Fizika
 Journal Solar-Terrestrial Physics
The Journal Solar-Terrestrial Physics (Solnechno-Zemnaya Fizika) has been published by the Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics SB RAS together with the Scientific Publishing Center INFRA-M since 2015. The Journal is the successor of the Proceedings Solnechno-Zemnaya Fizika (in Russian) and other editions previously published by the Institute in 1963–2002.
The Journal publishes research papers on basic and applied research in solar physics, physics of the interplanetary medium, magnetosphere, ionosphere, i.e. physics of near-Earth space. It contains articles on new results of theoretical and experimental investigation, materials on the methodology and experimental techniques in solar-terrestrial physics, reviews on specific issues. The Journal promotes a more effective problem solving in all the disciplines of solar-terrestrial physics. It is designed for scientists, experts in solar-terrestrial physics and radio-physical methods for the space environment study, teachers, postgraduate and graduate students.
Remit of the Journal:
- theoretical and experimental investigation of the Sun, solar activity and activity of solar-type stars;
- solar wind, interplanetary magnetic field;
- cosmic rays, their interaction with the heliosphere and Earth’s atmosphere;
- physical processes and phenomena in near-Earth space;
- studies of the upper atmosphere, ionosphere and ionospheric radio wave propagation;
- effects that variations of solar energy and disturbances in near-Earth space have on operation of space-based and ground-based technological systems;
- excitation and propagation of waves having different nature in near-Earth space;
- role of solar and geomagnetic activity in problems of seismic activity, climate, and biospheric processes;
- space weather modelling, complex ground-based diagnostics and forecast;
- atmosphere–lithosphere coupling;
- scientific instrument making (astrophysics and solar-terrestrial physics).
Currently, Russia lacks a special journal which would be devoted to the publication of research results in the wide range of these lines of research.
Members of the Editorial Board of Solar-Terrestrial Physics (Solnechno-Zemnaya Fizika)
- Zherebtsov G.A., Academician, Editor-in-Chief (ISTP SB RAS),
- Stepanov A.V., Corr. Member of RAS, Deputy Editor-in-Chief (GAO RAS),
- Potapov A.S., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math), Deputy Editor-in-Chief (ISTP SB RAS),
- Altyntsev A.T., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (ISTP SB RAS),
- Mordvinov A.V., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (ISTP SB RAS),
- Maksimov V.P., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (ISTP SB RAS),
- Leonovich A.V., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (ISTP SB RAS),
- Tashchilin A.V., C.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (ISTP SB RAS),
- Perevalova N.P., C.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (ISTP SB RAS),
- Belan B.D., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (IAO SB RAS),
- Mullayarov V.A., C.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (IKFIA SB RAS),
- Deminov M.G., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (IZMIRAN),
- Obridko V.N., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (IZMIRAN),
- Guglielmi A.V., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (IPE RAS),
- Troshichev O.A., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (AARI),
- Yermolaev Yu.I., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (IKI RAS),
- Mareev E.A., Corr. Member of RAS (IAP RAS),
- Safargaleev V.V., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (PGI KSC RAS),
- Lazutin L.L., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (SINP MSU),
- Stozhkov Yu.I., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (LPI RAS),
- Somov B.V., D.Sc. (Phys.&Math.) (SAI MSU),
- Lester M., Prof., University of Leicester, UK,
- Yan Yihua, Prof., National Astronomical Observatories, Beijing, China,
- Pancheva D., Prof., Geophysical Institute, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria,
- Salakhutdinova I.I., C.Sc. (Phys.&Math.), Scientific Secretary (ISTP SB RAS),
- Polyushkina N.A., Executive Secretary of Editorial Board (ISTP SB RAS).
The Journal is published 4 times per year in both print and electronic versions.
The materials are submitted to the Journal through the portal of scientific journals Naukaru.ru. The editors will seek to minimize the time for the manuscripts to be published.
It is not accepted the materials previously published or accepted for publication in other journals and materials beyond the Journal basis or inconsistent with the basic laws of science.
The papers received by the Journal editors undergo a double peer review and scientific editing.
Contacts of the Editors:
Legal address: Russia, 664033, Irkutsk, Lermontov St., 126a
Mailing address: Russia, 664033, Irkutsk p/o box 291, Lermontov St., 126a